Senior Fellow with the Roosevelt Institute
•Global Portfolio Strategist for Madison Street Partners
• Expert resource and media contributor on monetary and economic topics in the news
• Available to speak on economic and financial policy and reform and energy
• Regular guest on Media Interviews around global markets and other financial subjects
•Engaging speaker at Global policy meetings and panels
Marshall Auerback has 28 years of experience in the investment management business, currently serving as a global portfolio strategist for Madison Street Partners, LLC, a Denver-based hedge fund, and as corporate spokesman and director for Pinetree Capital, a Canadian-based investment, financial advisory and merchant banking firm focused on investing in early stage micro and small cap resource companies.
He is also a fellow at Economists for Peace and Security. From 1983-1987, he was an investment manager at GT Management (Asia) Limited in Hong Kong, where he focused on the markets of Hong Kong, the ASEAN countries (Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand), New Zealand and Australia. From 1988-91, Mr. Auerback was based in Tokyo, where his Pacific Rim expertise was broadened to include the Japanese stock market.
From 1992-95, Mr. Auerback worked in New York for the Tiedemann Investment Group, where he ran an emerging markets hedge fund. From 1996-99, he worked as an international economics strategist for Veneroso Associates, which provided macroeconomic strategy to a number of leading institutional investors. From 1999-2002, he managed the Prudent Global Fixed Income Fund for David W. Tice & Associates, an investment management firm, and assisted with the management of the Prudent Bear Fund.
Mr. Auerback graduated magna cum laude from Queen’s University in 1981 and received a law degree from Corpus Christi College, Oxford University, in 1983.
Topics on which Marshall would be a valuable speaker:
Monetary and economic policy
Healthcare system and reform
Energy and global financial topics in the news
- Video Links
- Marshall Auerback on Lang and O’Leary Exchange (CBC)
- Marshall Auerback – Toward a true ‘United States of Europe’ or else Irish Divorce from the Euro
- Is too much significance given to the US credit rating?
- US economy in more than a soft patch
- Business News Network
- Fox Business
- SqueezePlay: Saving the Recovery
- Fiscal Sustainability Teach-in
- The Myth of Greek Profligacy & the Faith Based Economics of the ‘Troika’
- A United States of Europe or Full Exit from the Euro
- Worse than Hoover – by Marshall Auerback
- Barack Obama: America’s First Tea Party President
- Decoding Energy Investment
- Huffington Post
- New Economic Perspectivess
- Business Insider
- BANKS RUNNING WILD: THE SUBVERSION OF
INSURANCE BY “LIFE SETTLEMENTS” AND
CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS
- 3-Part Series on ResourceClips